Sunday, July 27, 2008

One week to paradise!


Robert, Emma and I leave for Fernandina Beach, Fla., in six days! I'm so excited.


Besides being absolutely beautiful, Fernandina Beach is particularly special for Robert and I since that's where we first met and fell in love.


We'll be living the "high life," staying in a condo right on the beach. It has 2 bedrooms, a balcony off the master bedroom, a kitchen, a laundry room and a pool.


Between now and then, Robert and I have to figure out how we can condense our belongings down to what will fit into the back of my parent's Envoy. Notice I didn't say the trunk of OUR car, because I've already concluded that's not realistic. It's going to kill us in airplane fees, but just to function through a week, we've got to take clothes for all 3 of us, her playpen to sleep in, a stroller, and a car seat. Plus, I think I've lost the battle of Robert leaving his new golf clubs behind.


Speaking of which, here's what Robert's geeked about vs. what I'm looking forward to.


Robert's top priorities:


  • Hunt down autographs from his favorite players during Jacksonville Jaguars training camp (the reason we picked this outrageously hot time of year)

  • Spend quality time with his dad on the golf course

  • Introduce Emma to her uncle John, aunt Melissa, and cousins Justin, Cassie and Susan

  • Hang out with his best buds from high school

  • Golf at the Plantation, a ritzy resort for the rich and famous where his friend Robbie works, for free

  • Take Emma to the Jacksonville Zoo

  • Take me to the Marina, the 5 star restaurant where he has taken EVERY OTHER GIRL he's ever dated except for me. (All I got that summer we met was freaking DENNY'S)

  • Buy a ton of cheap Jacksonville Jaguars memorabilia at the local Wal-Mart

Heather's top priorities:



  • Get a tan by the ocean

  • Get a tan by the pool

  • Swim in the ocean

  • Swim in the pool

  • Sleep by the ocean

  • Sleep by the pool

  • Play with Emma in the ocean

  • Play with Emma in the pool

It's gonna take a whole lotta sun block (for Emma -- not me, of course), but this trip is going to be AWESOME!

1 comment:

Ben Kumor said...

Good stuff Heather! I followed a link from Stephanie's blog, and here I am. It was nice to sit and read your blogs and disconnect from the craziness for a bit. Keep up the good work, and have fun in FL